Windows Movie Maker is a video creating/editing software application, included in Microsoft Windows Me, XP, and Vista. It contains features such as effects, transitions, titles/credits, audio track, timeline narration, and Auto Movie. New effects and transitions can be made and existing ones can be modified using XML code. Windows Movie Maker is also a basic audio track editing program.
It’s a usual way to import camera or camcorder recorded video footages to Windows Movie Maker for editing, but how to deal with MXF files recorded by canon XF camcorders, like XF100, XF105, XF300, XF305. From professional video forum you will know that canon MXF files can’t be imported to Windows Movie Maker for editing directly, MXF video format is hard to use in windows editing software, for example for you encounter many problems when you import MXF to Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and pinnacle Studio.
Is there an easy method to load canon MXF files to Windows Movie Maker for editing and burn? Of course the answer is yes. What you need to do is to convert Canon MXF to Windows Movie Maker supported format (WMV). Pavtube MXF Converter is an excellent MXF footage to Windows Movie Maker converter, which can help you convert MXF to WMV for Windows Movie Maker, below is a brief guide for you, it shows the steps to convert Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF files to Windows Movie Maker.
- Install Pavtube Canon MXF Converter, this software can help you convert MXF videos to Windows Movie Maker. Supported cameras include XF100, XF105, XF300, XF305, C300, etc.
- Import MXF footages to the MXF to Windows Movie Maker converter.
- Click format bar to choose format for use in Windows Movie Maker, choose HD Video -> WMV HD (*.wmv).
- You can also click “settings” to adjust the resolution, bitrate, codec and other parameters before you convert MXF to Windows Movie Maker.
- Click “convert” button to start transcoding Canon MXF files for Windows Movie Maker.
Pavtube MXF to Windows Movie Maker converter can help you convert recorded MXF files with high video quality, you can convert XF100 to Windows Movie Maker, XF105 to Windows Movie Maker, xf300/305 to Windows Movie Maker, etc. just follow the steps and have a try.